Widow of country music legend George Jones says Julie Chrisley doesn't deserve prison

George Jones widow says Julie Chrisley is innocent and doesn't deserve prison

Country legend George Glenn Jones was a celebrated name in country music, but the Texas native had a rough road to happily ever after. After three failed marriages (Dorothy Bonvillion, Shirley Ann Corley, and Tammy Wynette), it seemed like nothing was going to work out for the country star. Then he met fourth wife, Nancy Sepulvado. 

In a letter to Judge Eleanor Ross, Nancy Jones (widow of country music legend. George Jones) claims Julie Chrisley is innocent and didn't deserve prison.

Nancy Jones, also known as Nancy Sepulvado, is a former American actress who gained notoriety for her three-decade marriage to George Jones, a legend in the world of country music. Country music icon George Jones was a talented artist with self-destructive tendencies, a serious drinking problem, and a nasty drug habit. The troubled star found his salvation when he met 34-year-old Nancy Sepulvado in 1981 and married her in 1983.

Todd and Julie Chrisley were sentenced to lengthy prison terms after being convicted on charges including bank fraud and tax evasion.

U.S. District Judge Eleanor Ross in Atlanta gave Todd Chrisley 12 years in prison, while Julie Chrisley got seven years behind bars.

NANCY JONES LETTER TO JUDGE ABOUT JULIE CHRISLEY 

November 9, 2022
RE: Julie Chrisley sentencing

Dear Honorable Eleanor L. Ross,
My name is Nancy Jones, I am the wife/widow of country music legend, George Jones. I have known Julie for a little over 9 years.
 
I understand Julie is coming before you soon for sentencing so I have asked if I could write a letter to you to share who Julie really is. I have personally visited with Julie last week about all this legal trouble and I wanted you to know I stand behind Julie and support her whole heartedly through this whole ordeal. She is a very passionate, kind, loving mother and wife. She is a true role model to so many and I love her dearly. I know she is going through so much right now and what mother would not be worried about her kids and family. Just know that I am her friend and will always be her friend.


I appreciate you taking the time to read my letter and to fully understand who Julie really is as a person, wife, and mother. Her kids are her life and she truly is an amazing woman. I can't even imagine her without her kids and raising them daily and loving on them. All kids need their parents love to grow up and be able to share that love with their kids one day. Please read this letter and know that I love Julie and their family and will do whatever I need to help them during this time. I don't ever write letters about someone's character so this is rare but needs to be done so you can see who Julie really is as a person.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call.

Comments